- This event has passed.
Baguazhang Breathing 101
February 22, 2020 @ 10:00 am - February 23, 2020 @ 4:00 pm
Cost: $25 for students, $75 for non-students
After completion of this seminar the participant will have an understanding of the physical anatomy of the respiratory system, allowing them to better understand breathing and how to do it from the Baguazhang perspective. There will be lots of practice and many exercises.
- The participant will study breathing from the point of San Bao, (Three Treasures) consisting of Jing, Qi, and Shen.
- Jing or body will be about skeletal use and alignment in breathing, the muscles, and the other body tissues such as nerves, etc used in breathing. This will include a break down of the respiratory organs and the functional muscles. PH balance will be discussed as well.
- Qi will be discussed from the point of its creation and movement in many ways.
- Shen will be discussed from the point of view as to how it affects and is affected by certain types of breathing, emotions, stress, and over tension of musculature, etc.
- Respiratory Volumes will be discussed such as Tidal volume, Inspiratory volume, Expiratory volume, and Residual volume. How each of these can be affected will be explored as well.
- Many breathing exercises will be taught and performed to allow the body to relax and function at its optimum. Many uses of the respiratory center including the use of the parasympathic nervous system verses the sympathic system. Wu Wei and Ting will be discussed and used in all the exercises.
There will be a one hour lunch break at noon both days
Call or come in to sign up.
To breathe is to live.
To breathe fully is to live fully giving us the ability to bring forward our inborn potential for full vitality in everything that we do, everything that we think, sense and feel. Breathe and Live…….